Sunday, August 24, 2014

Steller: Antietam



Mobile storytelling is something I've toyed with off and on for a few years. I do it with Instagram and Twitter, and they're great for immediacy and spot news. But I wanted something a bit more substantive, that allowed for more in-depth and coherent packages. A friend of mine drooped some knowledge on me and suggested I look at Steller. 

It's an iPhone app that let's you build short essays. Mixed media. Video, photos and text can be laid out to tell a longer story. 

Here's the link to my first story: https://steller.co/stories/323439049282946648

I finished up my first story tonight. It's a series of landscapes shot with Hipstamatic of the Antietam National Battlefield in Maryland. 

Layout was pretty simple. You can arrange pages, change fonts and even go back to change how a page looks. You can put in video. 

I'm still playing around with it but I like what I see. 


No comments: