Monday, March 31, 2014

Abu in Bermel and an old interview randomly found

It's funny, I guess, when you run across an old interview you gave about your work. 

I'm applying for a workshop this summer and they asked for links to my past work. I did a quick google and rand across this interview by Lucy Steigerwald. It's been a crazy couple of years since that interview and it'd slipped my mind.

The money quote, emphasis mine: "But Faces of Battle, Afghanistan is not the expected high-intensity war photography. Half the shots are the real everyday of war: going on patrol, endless waiting. The other half are shoulder-level portraits of the soldiers of Abu Company: Mostly, they give tough stares; a few crack little smiles. Many look like they could use a nap.

Love finding old gems like this one. Thanks for the opportunity, Lucy. 

No comments: