Sunday, March 23, 2014

GoPro on a T72 tank. In Syria.

Just after finishing up some studying last night I checked into Petapixel and saw this crazy footage from Syria. Someone, I don't know who, mounted a GoPro camera on a Assad-regime T72 tank roaming around and blowing stuff up in a suburb of Damascus. 

It has this crazy Call of Duty look to it. A couple of times I had to remind myself it was actual combat footage, not a video game. Which probably goes to how much these types of games have flooded our society and become normal. 

This footage looks to be a mix of news, GoPro and rebel footage for a pretty compelling look at that three-year old civil war. It's a unique look at at the fighting over there, one that reminds me of the helmet cam and point-of-view footage shot by American soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq.

No comments: